Sunday 7 October 2012

Halloween Costume Ideas

Halloween is still a few weeks away, but it's not too early to start thinking about costumes. Every year I go through hundreds of costumes online to search for ideas. I've never used a ready made costume- but they are still good to look at for inspiration. I haven't began my search this year yet, but I thought I'd post up some of my costumes from the past few years to start brainstorming, and to maybe give other people some ideas. Feel free to leave a comment if you have any suggestions. :)


2011- Alice, with a twist. This was one of the first times I went for something 'scary'. The dress, knee high socks, and black bow headband are from H&M, and the apron i just found in a department store, cut it into my desired shape and smeared some blood on it.

Here's another photo with the full apron on (the 'top' of my apron was actually a shirt that i wore over the dress)



2010- Bumble Bee. I wore a long sleeved yellow top, and yellow tights. then I put on a black frilly skirt, leg warmers and short boob-tube to create the stripey effect. The wings and antennae were from a regular costume store. I also wore some black and gold fake eyelashes, just to add a bit of a 'buggy' effect.  

2008- Minnie Mouse! I had bought some Minnie ears from the shop but didnt quite like how they looked, so instead I put my hair into two buns, covered them with black nets, and then took the bow from the minnie ears and pinned it into my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment